When a woman talks, the world listens.
That’s the command women possess in their words: laced with sensibility but never lacking compassion and sensitivity.
Gone are the days when women lived a reduced life with no voice and choices for themselves. In the current world stage, women get up, take the lead, and most importantly, women talk. But despite the progress society has made in terms of feminism, the daily battle for equal rights can admittedly become taxing at times when others continue to discriminate based on sexes, be it parents refusing to
But now is not the time to step back. What you need are some short feminist quotes to inspire you to get back up and show the world that feminism is a thing and equality is not a subject for compromise. Here are some short feminist quotes from empowered women to get you fueled up:
- Dolly Parton: “I'm not going to LIMIT myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else.”
- Gloria Steinem: “Women are always saying, 'We can do anything that men can do.' But men should be saying, 'We can do anything that women can do.’”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made … It shouldn't be that women are the exception.”
Empowering feminist quotes from empowered women have since inspired other girls to rise for themselves.
Here is a collection of 10 empowering feminist quotes:
- "There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish."- Michelle Obama
Setting her life as an example for this feminist quote, former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama has shown girls of every color that there is indeed no limit to what women can accomplish. She is not only the first African-American first lady to set foot in the White House, she is a product of public schools in Chicago, Princeton University, and Harvard Law School.
- "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”- Maya Angelou
American poet and rights activist Maya Angelou is a true repository of inspiring feminist quotes. Her over half-century’s worth of work includes seven autobiographies and three books of essays on top of several poetry collections.
- “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.”- Malala Yousafzai
Pakistani rights activist Malala Yousafzai’s famous feminist quotes are directed at moving forward in unison. Her feminism campaign mainly centers on access to education for girls.
- “Human rights are women's rights and women's rights are human rights, once and for all.”- Hillary Clinton
The former first lady of the United States is yet another champion of feminism who exemplifies that women can be someone and something in society. She is a practicing lawyer, law professor, activist, volunteer, and formerly a secretary of state and a senator from New York.
- “You deserve to be here. You deserve to exist. You deserve to take up space in this world of men.”- Mackenzie Lee
Successful in making a name for herself as a best-selling author, Mackenzie Lee’s feminist quotes reaffirm the equal footing on rights between men and women to pursue their goals. Doubt neither your nor other women’s capabilities to do great things just because you have an XX chromosome!
- “People think at the end of the day that a man is the only answer [to fulfillment]. Actually, a job is better for me.”- Diana, Princess of Wales
Do not let yourself and your success be defined by having a man by your side. You are valuable and capable of achieving great things by yourself and that is nothing for you to doubt!
- "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent."- Madeleine Albright
This inspiring feminist quote from Madeleine Albright is yet another anchor to hold on to as women continue to battle for equal rights. We’ve been through a long way and we’re not coming back to the dark times where we are silenced and tamed.
- “Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.”- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie reminds every woman to not take a step back just to be embraced by a man. Do not settle for a man who is less than you deserve. If a man is intimidated by the wit and decisiveness of a woman, that woman has no business around his sort.
- “We know that when women are empowered, they immeasurably improve the lives of everyone around them—their families, their communities, and their countries.”- Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
Evidence of how far feminism has gone is the fact that feminist views are not only confined among women alone anymore. Even remarkable men in present times have spoken empowering feminism quotes recognizing women as their equal.
- “Equality is not a concept. It’s not something we should be striving for. It’s a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women, and the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who’s confronted with it. We need equality. Kinda now.”- Joss Whedon
Isn’t it enervating to hear that women are not alone in the cause for equality? Feminism, indeed, is no longer a vision of women to get equal rights but also of men who see women as equally capable and equally deserving of every human right and opportunity.
Getting your voice and thoughts heard is one step to empowering you and other women. New Reader Media is here to help, talk to us at New Reader Media